Sunday, February 6, 2011

Illness and art.

Hi! Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've been under the weather.

I've been finding it hard to focus on my latest knitting project; I have to put it down quite a bit more often than I'd like. Being sick, I tire more easily and I'm hating that it's taking so long.

I treated myself to 2 skeins of Socrates Yarn for my birthday. One is a berry color and the other is a blue-green color (not quite teal but close). I found a great pattern on Ravelry.com for a leaf-lace Entrelac scarf called "Birch" by Chrissy Gardiner. The pattern was hard at first but is getting easier the more I do it.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/birch-2 

When I haven't been knitting I've been shopping a lot on Ebay and Etsy for fibers. I'm on a waiting list for a new hand-crafted spinning wheel by Benjoanie Enterprises. The waiting list is a result of them being hand-crafted, but I don't mind waiting. Once you see the wheel, and watch the videos on their webpage, you'll understand. http://www.benjoanie.com/Home_Page.html

I'm hoping to be back on track soon and working on getting my Etsy site up and going.

1 comment:

  1. NOTE: Socrates yarn is a superfine / fingering weight yarn (30% baby alpaca, 30% merino wool, 20% bamboo, and 20% nylon).
    It is produced by "Alpaca With A Twist"
    www.alpacawithatwist.com

    ReplyDelete